The VD life

The life story by a man they call VD.

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Rolling through life...

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Payday Tomorrow

Well,

Another week is almost done. I'm looking forward to this weekend a little too much. I know it's bad to not live in the moment, but hey, sometimes it happens. I really want to spend some time doing some programming in my new environment at home. I have a copy of DB2 Personal Developers Edition, DB2 Everyplace for my handheld, and the J2ME SDK. I want to get back into practice and make myself more marketable in the job search arena. I'm not having much luck looking for a new job, but I know the right one is around the corner.

I know I also shouldn't be griping considering my company is sending my wife and I to Hawaii for a week, but that still doesn't help my financial situation. In fact, it'll hurt it. Since this is a "bonus" I have to pay about 38% in taxes on top of the cost of the trip. That bites. From what I've heard, the trip costs about $8k-$10k for two people and that means I'll be paying $3k-almost $4k in taxes! I hate the government for forcing the taxes like this. Come on, my company is just trying to show appreciation for their workers! Not have them pay extra for the gift. It just bites, that's all there is to it.

It's about time for me to leave work. (yeah, like I'ld use my free time to do this...) So 'til next time!

VD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home