The VD life

The life story by a man they call VD.

Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Rolling through life...

Monday, February 21, 2005

People I work for are not that great...

Ok, so my clients are a just a single evolutional leap above frogs. They really just sit there and say "IBM" and expect a sale. Coming from a technical guy, this is so not the way to sell hardware and software. 1)Find out what the end user wants to do. 2)Find out what they have. 3)Find out what it will take to get from the result of step 2 to the result of step 1. 4)Propose solution. NOT THAT FREAKIN' HARD!

One of these days, I'll be in the sales side of things and I'll mop up. I'll know what the product can do, I'll give the end user my time to get the solution right, and keep 'em coming back for more!

Uh, Oh...

One of the more notorious clients with dumb questions just pinged me. This is something you can look up on the web in about the same time it took you to ping me on AIM.

Oh well, I guess they are the reason I have a job.

VD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home